Mr. Ho Anh Tuan - Deputy Minister of MoST; Mr. Ngo Hoa - Vice Standing Chairman of Thua Thien Hue People’s Committee, Head of the festival’s Organization Board; representatives of central and local agencies; ambassadors and journalists attended the press conference.
Hue Festival is an important culture tourism event which takes place every 2 years with national and international scale from 2000 to the present. Over 7 times of organizations, Hue Festival has become the gathering of many excellent art program, from different cultures all over the world. Hue Festival also contributes to preserving and restoring royal festivals, folk festivals, art forms...
The 8th Hue Festival will take place from 12 to 20 April 2014 in Thua Thien Hue Province and include typical art performances representing different cultures and ancient capital cities of Viet Nam; traditional and modern art programs of more than 30 countries and territories.
At the conference, Mr. Ngo Hoa emphasized the spaces of performance and festival will be more expanded at Hue Festival 2014. With the target of bringing the festival to community, besides the traditional culture features, new modern features will be also focused. The highlight of Hue Festival 2014 is the art program to honor Hue folk music – a traditional music kind of Hue.
Hue Festival 2014 is expected to attract about 200,000 tourist arrivals, including nearly 100,000 international arrivals. All preparations for landscape, environment, accommodation, security for tourists at Hue Festival 2014 have been implemented.
The key events of Hue Festival 2014
- Grand Opening Ceremony at 20:00 of 12 April
- “Imperial Night” spectacle on 15 and 19 April
- “Ao dai” grand shows at 20:00 of 14 and 17 April
- The art program honoring Hue folk music at 20:00 of 16 April
- “Oriental Night” show on 13, 15, 16 and 18 April
- Lighting Truong Tien Bridge by fire art performance of Carabosse on 18 and 20 April
- Street festival with the theme “Heritage and Cultural Colours”
- Closing ceremony at 20:00 of 20 April.